Introduction about what makes this product different to the others in the range and what its for.
- Runs in 3 modes: daily, weekly, and monthly
- Movement brass and steel, with flat chrome finish
- Ships to New Zealand and Australia
- High Quality Materials
- Highly Accurate.
What does a barograph measure?
- A barometer displays the present pressure and the change of pressure since it was last set using a marker hand on the dial.
- A barograph records the history of the pressure on a paper chart, wrapped around a clock-driven drum.
- Underway on a fully crewed vessel, the logbook serves as a detailed record of pressure changes.
- On overnight anchorages, a printed barograph trace is a convenient way to learn how the pressure changed during the night when there was no watch to record it.
- It uses a set of 7 aneroid capsules with a diameter of 62 mm made from copper-beryllium alloy. This material essentially eliminates age-hardening, hysteresis, and elastic after effects that could otherwise degrade the accuracy.
- The influence of temperature on the set of aneroid capsules and the transmission system is compensated by use of bi metal components over the full measuring range and for temperatures between -30 to +40 °C (-22 to 104 °F).
- All contacts in the movements are jeweled to reduce friction.
Measuring range used for altitude
955 to 1055 hPa
930 to 1030 hPa
905 to 1005 hPa
880 to 980 hPa
855 to 955 hPa 0 to 150 m above sea level
150 to 350 m above sea level
350 to 600 m above sea level
600 to 850 m above sea level
850 to 1,100 m above sea level
- Electronic quartz clockwork
- Can be shifted to take daily weekly or monthly measurements
- Revolution times changeable: daily revolution 25.6 h, weekly revolution 176 h, monthly revolution 783 h
- Autonomous operation 12 month with battery type LR6 autonomous operation 1 week
- Note that the mechanical clocks do not have a monthly mode.
- Weekly rotations are the most common used with barographs
- The recording instruments are delivered complete with fibre pens and a year's supply of recording charts.
- Weekly charts are the standard that are provided unless requested otherwise.
- Fischer instruments are unique in offering an option on each model with enhanced dampening for barograph use at sea.
- After you chose your model and timing option, the extra dampening can be selected.
- There is no need for this option for land based operations.
- The paper charts are the same size for all models: 92mm tall by 302 mm long.
- Charts marked in inches of mercury are also available on request.
- height 93 mm diameter 93.3 mm
- height of registration 80 mm
- chart division 1 hPa
Who would use an Aneroid Barograph?
- Larger yachts and ships,
- Land based weather bureaus,
- Many are in use in the UK Met Offices and other European weather services, as well as by individual weather watchers, worldwide.
- Fischer barographs are used by navies and weather services, worldwide.
What colours does it come in?
What materials is it made of?
- Movement brass and steel, with flat chrome finish
- Quartz clockwork.
How big is it?
Is their a warranty?
All of our Fischer products have a 2 year manufacturers warranty learn more about warranties and how they work here...
How do I use it?
Why should I buy from you?
Our company has evolved from a history of watch repair and clock servicing. Our strong servicing background provides you with a reassuring guarantee on all products sold through us.
Why choose a Fischer Barographs and nautical equiptment?
Even in these modern times of satellites and Internet, the atmospheric pressure measured with a personal barometer remains the most important indication of weather changes at your location. To evaluate present weather or to forecast coming weather, we need accurate barometric pressure. Most common barometers on the market are not accurate enough to serve this purpose. They are more decorative than functional.
Who might like this Barograph?
How do I pay for it?
We use DPS Secure payment facitilites to ensure your details are safe. Learn all about payment, how to pay and what to expect.
What courier company do you use?
We use trusted courier company for our deliveries, learn more about shipping and delivery.
How do you package it to ensure it arrives safely.
All barometers and combined instruments are packaged separately in a neutral coloured , fully recyclable cardboard box . Consisting of a least 60% recycled paper. We realise that clocks & barometers are delicate , learn more about our packaging practices and the lengths we go to, to ensure your orders arrive in great condition.
Do you offer Gift Wrapping?
Yes we will package up your weatherstation with bubble wrap and reinforced cardboard then wrap it in gender neutral wrapping paper and adorn it with a bow. Learn more about the gift wrapping process here... We can also help you if you are you looking for a corporate gift.
Will you ship to the receivers address?
Yes we do! Why pay shipping twice? To arrange shipping direct to the them just fill out their shipping details when you are in our online checkout.
How long will it take to arrive?
Find up to date information on shipping times here
So what are you waiting for? Have your barographs wrapped with care and delivered to your door (or theirs) FAST!