Do you worry about mould in your home? You may have seen in the media recently that mould in your house can be more harmful than meth.
"Cold, damp houses have a more dangerous effect on your health than third-hand exposure to methamphetamine, a health boss says." - [ Source Stuff Damp houses worse than meth houses, says health board chief ]
When you have mould in your house your family may catch allergic rhinitis which is a fancy way of saying you have an allergy to mould.
Here are some of the symptoms that you may notice when you are exposed to mould in your home or workplace
1. First, you need a device to test the levels of moisture in your home. This is called a Hygrometer.
2. Set the hygrometer up in the room you would like to test by fixing it to the wall or having it sitting on a desk or table.
3. Allow 5 - 15 minutes for your hygrometer to take a reading and display results on the screen.
4. Interpret the results and make changes to your environment to ventilate your home. We recommend the ADE home mould alarm as it has an alarm that goes off in the presence of mould, to alert you that there is something wrong. (more on that below).
Once you know you have too much moisture in your home you can do some or all of the following:
Here at timeandtrends we are passionate about weather instruments and how they can help. So when in Europe in February we asked our suppliers ADE what products they had that can help you test for moisture in your house. They suggested their Moisture Meter with Mould Alarm. It is an electric Hygrometer which is an instrument that measures moisture in the air.
Because the team at ADE know that mould is a problem in New Zealand and Australia and they are committed to good health we are able to bring you this meter for only $39.00 NZD.
Comments will be approved before showing up.